Achieving Stuff: July
|crazy flower patch // south beach, san francisco // today|
Here's some of what I hope to accomplish in July:
- Finish the progressive marathon I've been working on since May. This is part of the SF Marathon, and involves me running 23.1 miles from my start point (in my case, May 1st) to July 28th. Then, I run the final 3.1 miles (5k) on July 29th, finishing the marathon there. I just calculated my mileage, and I've run 18.98 miles since May 1st, leaving me with 4.12 miles left before July 29th. This is exactly how I wanted it; now I can do those miles without panicking at the last minute. Also, I'm running 5 miles on July 17th (another sunset run), so even if I didn't run at all before July 29th (hopefully not), by July 17th I'll have finished my pre-race mileage.
- Get caught up on all of my photography obligations & photos/contracts I owe to clients.
- Figure out what we're going to do for our 6th wedding anniversary on August 14th.
- Go back to the farmers market at least once. I haven't been in a while.
- Keep the house clean, keep to a regular schedule, don't become nocturnal, etcetera etcetera...
- Finish reading A Clash of Kings
- Get my accounting/bank account situation in order. This is an important one! I need to close my Wells Fargo checking account, get a debit card for our new checking account (harder than you'd think, sadly) & get my accounting records straight so I can see how much I've saved for my new camera (the answer is not going to be very good, but there's at least something).
- Take a bit of a photography break, and try not to say yes to any additional projects. I have a very busy August coming up & I am really burned out from June. I need some time at home.
- Have more driving lessons, though the weekends have really filled up this month. I have to do it though, I really enjoyed driving the Mini a couple of weeks ago.
- Catch up on Examiner.com articles so that my title doesn't get taken away (grumble).
OK. That's it. I want to blog every day but I'm not going to beat myself up if it doesn't happen. I want to get my hair cut but I doubt that will happen. I'm just not going to put a ton of pressure on myself this month, other than with these things. Yeah, right.
What are some of your goals for July? ★