The unpopular opinion
WELL. Lucky you, because I'm about to show you just how much of a bitch I can be on the inside, and how lucky you are that I choose not to focus on the negative! I have potentially the world's largest list of pet peeves. I also find that I tend to be annoyed by/dislike things that the majority of people seem to like, so I imagine you will balk at some if not all of these.
I'd apologize for the negativity, but I woke up so far on the wrong side of the bed this morning, it was almost in another zip code, so you're in fact fortunate I'm taking it out on a blog post instead of on all of my loved ones! Just keepin' it real.
On that note, here's some stuff I hate!
- I hate popcorn.
- I also hate apples. I mean, they taste fine, but they're so boring.
- That "becoming a mom" is apparently legitimate training for being a photographer now.
- Obnoxious, amateur-looking watermarks on photos. Curly fonts? Come on. Seriously?
- Art school graduates who get their dream job straight out of college
- Vegan cheese
- Stupid club girls, who make others assume that all girls are that dumb/lacking in self-respect
- People who swim in the slow lane at my pool when they aren't slow swimmers
- People who email me after I take their photo for free & demand I take down the majority of the photos because they're so insecure and self-judging, then temper it with "Oh but I love them!"
- Birds that sing in the dark and aren't owls. WTF
- Car alarms set off by Harley-Davidsons driving past them on the street
- Control/open-Apple-Z doesn't work 90% of the time on the Macbook
- Wearing too many ruffles & bows at one time -- gives me the willies/makes me think of "Toddlers & Tiaras" in adult form
- Pineapple on pizza: why are so many of you doing it?
- Pop radio. Why. Just ... why? Why are you listening to it?!
- People who put plastic straws through the tiny hole in their hot coffee container & drink it that way. First of all, the straw probably has toxins in it that are being released into the coffee due to prolonged exposure to heat. Second of all, it looks stupid.
- Those who were evidently not taught proper grocery store checkout lane etiquette & fail to set out the divider for the next person behind them
- Uninformed voters. See also: people who don't bother voting.
- People who sit next to you on public transit & there isn't anyone else on the train.
- The drunken, arrogant entitlement that seems to infect 75% of baseball fans on a given night
- Monkeys (I would never wish them harm but they disturb me; remind me of my animal nature)
- I hate that so many people seem to get married these days without any idea of how hard they need to work, always, to keep their marriage healthy and happy and progressing. It's a lifelong commitment and I just can't understand why people would get married if they weren't willing to give it 150%, for the rest of their lives. Especially if they have children. On a related note, if you've been married/divorced three times? ...its probably your fault (AHEM, TOM CRUISE).
- Friends who put you down in order to lift themselves up. That's not friendship.
- The group of people who spread propaganda on the internet saying that obesity isn't unhealthy. Guess what? It's unhealthy. If you compare it to anorexia the playing field is more even, but that's not exactly fair, is it.
....I think that's enough for today (I could go on for a while!). I feel better. Do you? ★