Achieving Stuff (or not): June
|summer sunset // sf|
Sorry this post is so late (4 days in!).
I've been hemming and hawing about this post for the last 4 days. To be perfectly honest, I don't really want to write one this month. I've been writing generally about the same goals, month in/month out since January. Some of these monthly goals I've been better at than others, but they are all familiar to me now. Writing them down just makes me feel pressured. Which brings me to my second point: you may have heard via my town-crier-ness that this is my birthday month. It's a busy, happy, crazy month in which I am turning 30. I really don't want to set all of these defined goals for June because a) I am much busier than normal, and b) the only thing I really feel obligated to work on is my 30 before 30 list, and having a great birthday. That's it.
I mean, of course there are things I'm looking forward to and am planning on doing:
- Reading Game of Thrones / finishing 3 books in the next 2 weeks
- Shooting the Masonic Stage at the Haight Street Fair this weekend (Sunday!)
- Having lunch at Citrus Club on my birthday (best soba noodle salad evar)
- Eating lots of good food, getting lots of sleep, taking photos, hanging out at home
- Farmers market trips
- Futurama premiere on June 20th
- SF Pride weekend
- Finishing reading Crazy Sexy Diet and beginning to drink lots of green juices
- Getting a haircut (maybe? probably?)
- Taking some engagement pictures
- Other endless, unplanned & inspiring adventures
So, you see, I like to keep it a bit open-ended. June is a month of magic for me, and I wouldn't want to get in the way of that magic happening. I've already had some really incredible things happen and its only 4 days into the month, so I look forward, eyes open, to what the rest of the month will bring.
What are you doing this month? I know that my friend Karen is having a baby, which is pretty darn monumental, and since I already know that this is what she'd say I am doing it for her. ;) But big, or small, I'd love to hear of your exciting plans or hopes or dreams! Happy Monday. ★