30 before 30 update
|Too bad I didn't put "become utterly obsessed with Instagram" on my 30 before 30 list ... I sure as hell have that one!|
Happy Monday, internets! Confession: I should have been doing this more frequently all along. You know, checking in with myself. You know why? Well, because I have a feeling I'm not doing very well on this list. I might even get an F- on my report card!
- Visit a museum in San Francisco that isn't the Academy of Sciences on booze night -- No, in fact I haven't done this. This should be fairly easy, I live so close to the SF MOMA!
Run at least two 5k races
- Attend the North Beach Festival (my birthday weekend!)
- Read at least 5 books — So far I've read 1 book. 4 to go!
- Clean out my personal email inbox to 0 — I am working on this and am below 400 for the first time in recent memory. On track to finish this one!
- Get a new sparkly silver wig — Looking for this. Hard to find!
Have a picnic at Dolores Park
- Ride a bicycle at Sunday Streets
Buy new ear buds & get my iPod working again Get a concrete savings plan in place for purchasing a new camera
- Fix the print spooler on my desktop computer at home
- Start using a to-do list system at work & stick to it
Participate in an art show
- Run on Kezar Stadium's track
- Return to the SF Zen Center to meditate at least once
- Make good on some of my promises to help out Triggerfish Marketing
- Sew up & polish my Italy purse
- Obtain my drivers license (!) (danger zone!) — This isn't going to happen, and it was arguably the most important item on the list. Fail.
- Enter a photography contest
- Visit the San Francisco Zoo
- Procure the perfect 30th birthday celebration outfit
- Get at least one haircut, preferably two — I haven't even gotten one yet!
- Donate at least one box of clothes to Goodwill — I have a bag of clothes & shoes ready to go to Goodwill. I just need to sort and account for all of them, then take them in.
- Go on one hike a month through at least June
- Upgrade & redesign my photography blog
- Finish playing Dragon Age II and move on to Skyrim OR Mass Effect 3
- Make more of an effort to hang out with estranged/distant friends
- Go swimming at Strawberry Canyon pool when "fake summer" happens this spring — I didn't do this due to the situation with my new job, but I did go swimming a bunch at my local gym's rooftop pool.
- Shoot the Masonic Stage at the Haight Street Fair for the 3rd year in a row
- Plan my birthday trip to Monterey & Pacific Grove — This hasn't happened yet because I can't go before July, as it turns out, so this trip may not happen. That's life. That's being an adult.
Yeah, so , definitely not doing well on this list. I hope that checking in with myself will have a positive impact on my motivation. I certainly feel good about reading and playing video games and getting on a bicycle and all that jazz (!) between now and 6/17, so please wish me luck.
And again, happy Monday ★